Sunday, November 6, 2011

Birthday Weekend Wrap-Up

So it's been a little while since I've posted anything. With school, work, Halloween and my birthday it's been pretty hectic. My birthday was yesterday so of course I elected to go see movies and have some popcorn (would I have it any other way!?). I saw my first imax 3d movie which ironically was Puss in Boots. I'm not too sure that Puss in Boots was the best movie to see for my first imax but it was still pretty cool. I was thoroughly impressed. We finished off the double feature with some Justin Timberlake and saw In Time. After the movies we went to Baker St. and I swear it was 70's night. All the cougars were out in full force but hey at least I got to drink for free!!! Plus there was a fat version of Bill Gates which alone was entertaining but add in the bald guy with the mullet and cross earrings, and we had an epic evening.


So I'm really not a huge Shrek fan but I thought Puss in Boots looked really funny. My prediction was right. This movie was hilarious and exactly what I needed. Even if you are not a cat lover you will appreciate all the signature mannerisms of a cat. The story starts with Puss in Boots on the run and hearing this elaborate tale of magic beans. He tries to steal the magic beans and meets Kitty in the process. Kitty is working with Egg who is Puss's childhood friend. We find out the history of Puss in Boots and how he came to be who he is as well as get to enjoy some life lessons of friendship, good vs evil and of course love. For any lover of animated movies and of course any cat lover, I highly recommend this movie. A-


OHHHHHHH Justin Timberlake, it's always an adventure with you. While I have enjoyed your movies, it seems to be hit and miss with you and your acting ability. In Time is not an exception to that statement. The movie is a basically a new way to view today's society and how the rich and the poor are so far apart. The world is divided up into districts and to pass into another district you must pay with "time". This "time" is our version of money however if you run out of time you die instantly. Each day people work to earn just one more day of life and many individuals go to the extreme to gamble or kill others to steal their time. Justin's character is given over a century of time from a man who is tired of living. Justin crosses all the districts to go from district 12 to 1 and spends many years to get there. Once he is there he realizes that the rich are stealing from the poor and he sets out to change this with the help (although at first unwilling) of the "millionaire's" daughter. Everyone in the movie is suppose to be 25, as that is when your time starts to count down. I must say that while Olivia Wilde was a charming addition to the movie as Justin's mother, it was odd to see them as mother and son. To conclude Justin Timberlake..... Please don't ever pretend to cry again. It was rather painful to watch. C+

Other movies I have seen in the past few weeks:
Footloose = A+ (If you haven't seen it you HAVE TO!)
The Way = D+
The Thing = B+
The Shining = B- (The classic is just as good in theaters)
Captain America = C+
Cars 2 = C+

Till next time

XOXO ~ Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment