Tuesday, October 4, 2011

It's Official...

NBC cancelled Playboy Club.


I'm pretty sure nobody in the free world is surprised that this show got cancelled, but I have to say I didn't think it was that bad. I hate to say that if this show was on HBO it probably would have been able to include just enough "spice" to actually keep it going. I have a feeling that so much of the issues with Playboy Club were from it being on a network station and not being able to get into the how the real playboy club was made popular. I always hate to see new shows leave, but with this one I guess I'll just have to conclude with a "buh-bye Tamara!"

So what do you think will be next? My guess is most likely Charlie's Angels. I mean, it seems like nobody is enjoying this show. I kinda feel bad for her that Rachel Taylor left a recurring role on Grey's Anatomy in order to "star" in this show. Hopefully they'll let Dr. Lucy come running back into the arms of Karev and let them be cute baby doctors together.

There are some new shows that I would be devastated if they get cancelled at this point! I'm loving Hart of Dixie because it's just adorable and I love Rachel Bilson. I heard that it doesn't have super fantastic ratings right now, but I'm really hoping that CW gives it a chance to shine and lets it stick around. Honestly, I haven't been super impressed with Gossip Girl so it's no wonder Hart isn't getting as many viewers from that.

On Fox, and also on Monday nights, I'm definitely hooked on Terra Nova. This show is just plain cool! I know that Fox is only airing 12 episodes this season, but I really hope that they have enough viewers to keep it going for another season next year. It's definitely one to watch.

Monday's are officially my biggest TV night because I also have 2 Broke Girls on CBS that I have to watch. Kat Dennings is hilarious and I'm really liking the concept of the show.

My last show that I'd be upset if it's cancelled is ABC's Revenge. I think that at this point this is probably my favorite new show of the season. I'm not sure if it's sustainable, but at the very least I hope ABC keeps it around so I'll know if Emily/Amanda can take down the "Queen of the Hamptons." You go girl!

What new show do you think will be cancelled next? What will you be sad to see gone if it gets the axe?

Xoxo,
Jennie

1 comment:

  1. Haha noooooooooo Tamara!!! I'm so sad I can't watch her every week. But I'm not surprised the show was cancelled. I agree that it would have done a lot better on HBO or Showtime. I was starting to enjoy it. As for other shows the only one I'm worried about is Charlie's Angels. I think it will be the next to go. The other shows I think have a good chance of survival. Or at least they better because I'd be really sad if they cancelled Hart of Dixie, Revenge or Terra Nova!!!

    ReplyDelete