Monday, September 26, 2011

Hart of Dixie Pilot Review - Joint Post


Jennie's thoughts:
I love love LOVED this show! It's just the right mix of clever and cute to make me want to keep watching. Obviously there are other doctor shows on TV right now, but I really enjoyed the concept of this one and the idea that not all life plans work out exactly the way we think they should. I think for a soon to be post-grad this is a good concept for how to think about life after school. Things happen for a reason.

I really liked the fact that the pilot episode could stand on its own. I think a lot of the time shows try to give such a huge cliffhanger so that you have to watch them that they don't give enough of a hook into the story. I liked how we really get to develop Zoe's character and understand why she ended up in Blue Bell all in the first episode. Yes, there are still some weird things in the story that kind of allude to future episodes (like what's up with Lemon and Lavon...) and of course there will be the love triangle thing probably going throughout the season. I think they kept enough back that people will keep watching, but actually gave us a reason to want to see the whole first episode through. The only thing I was really missing was a best friend character for Zoe. I mean, we obviously know who her enemy is (Lemon) but her nurse's assistant is too old to be a bestie. Maybe it'll be Lavon?

I have to say, favorite part of the whole show is when Zoe goes and gets her wine and is looking for a dry chardonney and asks the clerk girl who promptly hands her a box of wine. And then the subsequent scene of her walking down the road, stopping to fill up her dixie cup from the box, and continuing on. It was just fun and cute and definitely made me laugh. Who doesn't enjoy a nice boxed wine, am I right?


This is definitely my favorite new show so far and could be my favorite show period this season! I can't wait to see more! What'd you think?

Michelle's thoughts:
As Jennie stated as well, this may be one of my favorite shows this season. It was the perfect mixture of fun and intrigue at the same time. Everything about the episode makes me want to watch the next one. Being out of college for a few years and nothing working out as I had planned is exactly what Zoe is coming to grips with. This is so true to any college graduate and young adult. Life doesn't go as planned, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy the journey. I think this season will show Zoe's journey of accepting her new reality.

My favorite scene of the premiere episode had to be the Burt Reynolds scene. It was so true to her character and background. And who wouldn't want a sexy young guy rescuing you? I can't wait to watch the inevitable love triangle develop throughout the season. I'm also anxious to learn more about Lemon and Dr. Breeland's story. Seriously what is up with those two?

Only 6 more days to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment