Sunday, September 25, 2011

Weekend Movies

So this weekend was filled with many adventures including my usual trip to the movies. This weekends movies included Abduction and The Lion King 3d.

Abduction-

First off I need to tell you that I not only enjoy teen novels but teen movies as well. There is something so entertaining about young "drama" and how it has nothing to do with reality. Abduction is a perfect example of this. Nathan (Taylor Lautner) is a high school student who suddenly discovers he is on a missing persons website. With the help of his crush Karen (Lily Collins) he proceeds to go on an entirely unrealistic journey that involves not only the bad guys hunting him but the CIA as well. While the movie was entertaining and Taylor Lautner shows that he has more to offer than his acting skills in Twilight, it is quite laughable and very unbelievable. On a side note Lily Collins is a welcome new comer and I'm looking forward to her version of Snow White... I just hope she loses some of those eyebrows. There are entirely too distracting. Overall I rate the movie a B- if you like teen movies.

Lion King 3d-



All I have to say is the Lion King does not disappoint. It is still magically fantastic as it was the first time around. I believe the "grown ups" in the theater enjoyed the movie more than the "kids" did. There was not a single dry eye left in the theater. And whats not to laugh about Simba and JTT! My only negative comment is the lack of 3d effects. There are so many scenes that 3d effect could have really added magic to the movie, but sadly there was not a single scene were the effects were noticeable. Overall I give the Lion King 3d a A- simply for the lack of 3d effects.

I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend and maybe even saw a movie or two. Till next time...

Xoxo,
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, I had read a couple reviews from movie critics about Abduction and I see that a lot of what they say is in line with your thoughts. They found the movie a bit unbelievable and some of the dialogue humorous (even when it wasn't supposed to be), but found that people who like Taylor Lautner would enjoy the movie. Well, we all know that you love yourself some Tay Tay, but I'm glad to see that you can be a little bit objective about it as well. Sounds like you had a great afternoon at the movies, I'm sad I had to miss it!

    Xoxo,
    Jennie

    ReplyDelete