Thursday, September 29, 2011

THE MAYBE SHOWS...

So another week of TV is coming to a close and I am still finding it hard to get into a few of the newer shows. As much as I'm wanting to stick with them, I am slowly losing interest. However there are a few shows I'm loving.

For starters I have to mention The Ringer. It seriously is a bad soap opera made for late night TV. The storyline gets more complex and more ridiculous each week, yet somehow I can't stop watching. It's like a car accident that you can't look away from, yet you know it's bad from you. I go away from each episode feeling worse about myself for wasting another hour of my life on it. As much as I love Sarah Michelle Gellar, I might have to be breaking up with her on this one.

Another show I'm about to give up on is Charlie's Angels. Seriously it boring and uneventful. On top of that, it doesn't even come close to comparing to the original. Although on a positive side, it does fit the poster completely. Simple, white and unoriginal yet lacking nostalgia.

After this weeks episode of Playboy Club, I'm still on the fence. I neither have positive thoughts for it or negative at the moment. I'm not excited about it, but I'm also not wanting to run the other way. It is starting to develop a plot a little more, so we will see if my thoughts change by next week.

Now for the shows I'm loving. As an earlier post mentioned, I absolutely LOVE Hart of Dixie. I think it is absolutely fabulous and will only get better. Another show I'm completely addicted to is Revenge. It is everything the title leads it to be. It's catty and drama filled and beyond juicy. I can not get enough of it!!! I'm also seriously intrigued with The Secret Circle. It is the perfect companion to Vampire Diaries and I believe that Kevin Williamson can do no wrong. I'm and not completely hooked on the show yet, however I do not foresee any reason that it will not become a favorite for me.

This week Pan Am and Terra Nova premiered. Both of these shows equally surprised me. I was really on the fence with both of these shows on whether I would enjoy them. They are completely different shows, yet they both offered something I could enjoy. Pan Am had the right mixture of drama and adventure and should be interesting to see where it goes. So far I really like the show, but it will be interesting to see where it goes. Terra Nova however I am absolutely in love with. After the end of Lost I felt that there would never be a show with the same mystery surrounding it, but Terra Nova defiantly fits that category. I view it as a mixture of Lost and Firefly and I can not wait to continue on with the journey.

Till next week...
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. I loved Terra Nova, I thought it was a fresh and interesting concept. It's obviously the biggest budget premier we've seen so far and I hope it will be sustained through viewers, but I'm hooked! I'm glad you liked it too!!

    ReplyDelete